Friday 11 November 2011

The Basic Plan


The basic plan is to get to Hull in two stages with an overnight stay at the house of an as yet unnamed friend (hello over there) in Yorkshire. The next stage will take the form of the overnight ferry to Rotterdam, hopefully with willpower (what's that?) preventing too much beer. Straight on the bike next morning and following the Rhine through Holland into Germany with a possible stop at the village of Enzberg where I (think I still) have a few friends. At a suitable point I will leave the Rhine and shimmy across Germany to pick up the Danube and then follow this majestic waterway through the capital cities of Vienna, Belgrade, Budapest and Bucharest to the Black Sea. From there down the coast into Turkey and either through the centre over the hills to Fethiye or maybe round the coast, Izmir, etc. The final route is to be decided and may even change as I go along, subject to progress and a lot of other things. The total distance is approximately 2,600 miles and at an average of 54 miles a day should be achieved in 48 days including 5 or 6 rest days. Sounds simple when you put it that way. Can't wait! 

I received the go ahead today from my chosen Charity in Turkey so will be working with both charities over the next few days in order to maximise income as well as pushing the boundaries of health and fitness back further.

Just managed the 11 miles today on my training run today. Something stopped me going for the 20 and it's just as well! After my training ride I took yon mon for a stick-chasing marathon around the new dam at the bottom of Coppull Lane and when I finally got home to finish a job and then put my feet up I found I needed ink for my printer. The old cartridge would not accept any more of that cheap refill stuff so off I went to ASDA. I made my purchase and cleverly left the car there while I walked into town to put a couple of cheques into the bank and pick up the Pork Scratchings for tonight's session (don't tell the manager). I ended up killing 2 birds with 3 stones because I forgot the car was at ASDA until I was nearly home so I ended up walking almost twice the distance I should have done. 

Not clever at all. Can you trust this man to find his way across Europe?    

No comments:

Post a Comment