Wednesday 16 November 2011

He is "The Man...

...Who Cycled the World". I have been reading Mark Beaumont's Story. That's the title of his book

It's a bit humbling. Mind you, he did have his mum with him for a few days and a masseur for a week! No, seriously, 100 miles a day for 195 days is frightening to say the least. It is very interesting reading and I have learnt a lot from it. It makes me want to get going now.

I have noticed a number of comments made on earlier posts offering advice. I have tried to reply to them all. If I haven't acknowledged you then I apologise. Please keep them coming. I am delighted to hear from anyone who has done this sort of thing.

I just did a steady 11.06 miles this morning (the .06 is so very important) and intend doing a 20-ish mile tomorrow. I actually felt quite stiff after today's ride and thought I might benefit with a massage if I am to do a bit tomorrow. I haven't done a back to back ride yet. I imagine it will be easier than back to front. Anyway, I looked on You Tube and found a number of helpful videos, the most appropriate by a gentleman named Rich Poley showing self-massage methods . I had a go and did feel better so we'll see how that works after tomorrow's ride.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment