Thursday 23 May 2013

Elderberry Arms

Darran's pop-up pub session went very well last night. I can honestly say his home brew was the best I've ever had and I've had some home brew over the years. We also had a fine selection of exotic cheeses, pasties and a scotch egg tasting session thrown in. We tried to sit outside and managed to last an hour but it just wasn't on. I felt suitably stuffed and can safely say it was a very successful and enjoyable weight-gaining enterprise. 

First thing this morning I was chasing invoices which is a bloody nuisance and shouldn't really be necessary but human nature is what it is. If you can't do anything about it you just have to put up with it. I then went to collect a T shirt or two from Joseph's grandparents. I went for the slimline L size as I will be losing a few pounds when the ride gets under way. Photos were taken and these may be viewed on the www.josephsgoal.org website sometime soon. 


I have booked my spot on the ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre. It leaves at 2300 on Wednesday so that leaves me plenty of time to get to Portsmouth from Frome. I will then set off from Le Havre at 0800 the next morning which is a nice early start. I hope to get a decent distance done on that first day and may get ahead of schedule. I have also been looking at the ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa which is quite a distance. Hopefully, departure will be on the afternoon of the 16th June with arrival in Greece early next morning so that will almost be like a rest day. That's a long way off and a lot can happen in between.    


I am now preparing for the trip to the test match at Leeds to meet up with mates from long ago. It will be good to meet up with the old Uni mates again. Back Saturday afternoon for final preparations.      

No comments:

Post a Comment